Whew! What a night! This is a picture of the very tired, ready to collapse and pass out Hustle Monkeys. We lost our first and only match of the season in the second round of the tournament and were sent to the loosers bracket. So last night we had to play 5, yes Five, straight matches starting at 6:30 and ending in victory at 11:00 PM! Our game plan was to beat everyone in three games so we wouldn't die of fatigue. We did pretty well with that- we won 14 of the 15 games we played, so I can't imagine how I would feel if we had to play more than that.
I had such a great time with these girls! We spent every game just laughing and having a great time. Back row is Joy and Kim, Front row is me, Kelly, Angie, and Amy. Way to go guys! See you in the fall for a repeat! (thanks for the picture kim!)
Valentine's Day Treat Tags
6 years ago
.jpg)



4 comments:
Congrats, April! Looks like you had a very tiring and exciting night! I love City VB! We've won the last 3 seasons and I'm bummed because our team captain/person forgot to sign us up for this next season which starts tonight. The director wouldn't add us because he already had the schedule done, so now we wait until June. This means one less T-shirt!:) Tell Angie hello. I remember our club days together.
That's Joy Nakishi, right? Tell her hello, too!
I am impressed. I have always wanted to be good at volleyball. Or any sport for that matter. But I am just not. So I am jealous. Congrats on all your games and wins. Looks like fun. Maybe I should take up bowling or something like that.
I like the fact that you decided to pace yourself by playing all three games. :) Congrats on a marathon night of volleyball! We unfortunately do not have a tournament, but I still have two weeks left to enjoy my Monday night volleyball.
Post a Comment