This is John. We call him Kansas. Kansas likes to steal my hubby to go hunting. Sometimes I feel like we are working out custody issues over Jeff. We fight over whose "weekend" it is to have him. But, I must say that Jeff was the happiest he's ever been after this hunt. And here's why...
In the 9 years I've been with Jeff, I have never seen him bring home something this big! Is big even the right word? This Elk is huge! Massive! Monstrous!
But even now, he still hasn't brought one of these home. This elk was shot by Kansas, but I'd like to think from the stories that he couldn't have done it without Jeff.
See, John drew out after 13 years of trying to get this tag. They were so excited and eager to get out there this season. They bought new bows, scouted the areas, and even poured elk urine all over themselves (sounds nice, right?). Well, they found some really big ones down south by ****(I don't think I'm allowed to say). There is suppose to be this big spider bull that is a world record roaming the hills down there. Its so big that the outfitter Mossback has been trailing and scouting it for months, they even follow it with their helicopters. Supposedly, its going to be worth over a million bucks to whoever shots the thing. Because this is so big, there have been lots of 'incident's' with fist fights and tire slashing's. I was a little nervous for them to get in the mix, but they didn't meet up with anyone.
On their second weekend hunting they ended up with this big ol' boy. From the stories I hear, Jeff was bugling him for about an hour with the elk calling back. Jeff said that he was hitting and scraping trees to pretend that he was a mad bull challenging the elk. I think I would have liked to see that. Anyway, John was able to get within 30 yards of him and shot him straight through the heart! It was an awesome shot! They had a picture of the heart that showed right where the arrow went through. (TMI?-Sorry). It was pretty amazing!






4 comments:
Holy Crimanie!!! (from the words of Porter). Chad would be on cloud nine for the rest of his life. How much fun.
I think my dad would get along very well with Jeff and Kansas! He has always been a hunter and still loves it. He has gone on a few guided elk hunts and is going again in October. Too bad for him that he had 4 daughters and only 1 son! :)
Holy cow!! That's huge!! I'm going to have to show my step dad(a hunter)!! How fun for them!!
Wow nellie! Del will die when I show him these pictures! He will think that is the coolest ever! Nice shot and about the pictures below... SO gross, but cool at the same time.
Post a Comment