
Last Sunday we woke the boys up early and told them that we had to drive Dad to the airport. They cooperated because we have done that a lot lately with Jeff traveling. We got to the airport and Jeff said, "I have a great idea! Why don't you guys come with me on my trip?" We didn't get any response for a few seconds and then Max got excited and said "Yeah!". Boston on the other hand is a planner. "Where are we going to put the car?", "I don't have a toothbrush!", "Where will we sleep?". It took about 10 minutes for it to settle in and then as we waited for the shuttle he kept asking, "Are you serious? We are going to California?" "Are you Serious?"

We decided to suprise them because I thought it would be fun to see their reaction, and I didn't want them telling their friends and I didn't want them asking me about it all the time. They were so excited to be on a plane and to be going on a trip. We had a great time, but we tried to push a little too hard. Next time we will take brakes between Disneyland days.
Disney had a Halloween theme going on all over the park. We spent a lot of time with Woody at his Halloween Roundup where the kids could do crafts, decorate cookies, see Woody, and pet goats.



Max was standing under this goat when I took the first picture, but he didn't know there was a goat there. Jeff told him and it scared the heck out of him, but he thought it was funny after and so did we. :)

Our friends the Miles went to Disneyland the same time and we hooked up with them a few times. On the last day, Preslie and Boston really hit it off and were holding hands the whole time. Preslie's Dad went with them on Buzz lightyear and said that Boston snuck and kissed her on the cheek! He's only 5! We have to pull the reigns back in on this one! However, Jeff was impressed with his son's natural ability to turn on the moves!

This Jack Sparrow dude, looked so much like the real one, we had to chase him down and get a picture!
4 comments:
Your boys are just too cute! Caden was looking at the pictures with me and asking why we weren't going to Disneyland too. We are Disneyland junkies - we love it! I love how they decorate for holidays.
It looks like you guys had a great time in CA - and what a fun idea to surprise your kids!
Disneyland with kids is the best. Looks like you so much fun.
Hi April!!!!! Ok so i found your blog through Steph K's blog. I'm reading enjoying the pics and catching up on your life and i see disneyland vacation and i look at the date....Oct. 20th...saturday. I wish i would have known...my friends and I go every saturday...we swing dance down by the castle at night...and i remember we went that night too cuz it was a pre celebration to my bday. I'm soooo bummed...yes i know it's decemeber and it was two months ago, but still you were in my state...you were in my world and we were just a line apart most likely!!!! oh man, well if you ever do that again let me know....I would love to just stop by and say hi...also my brother and sis n law work there and they can get you in for free...anyway...we were in the same place for a few hours at least....
hope all is well you and your family look great!!!
carla
CARLA! How the heck are you! I'm glad you found us and you said hi. I've reconnected with so many people on this-its great!
I'm sorry we missed you at Disneyland-that would have been crazy to run into you there.
I hope you check in often so I know what you are up to and I can say hi!
April
Post a Comment