Sunday, February 1, 2009

My Little Ski Bumbs


I had no idea that kids under 6 ski free, so why hadn't I done this earlier?  One of our neighbors use to teach ski lessons and invited a bunch of neighbor kids up to learn to ski.  Both boys were super excited to get going.


Max tried really hard and did a good job-but how can you have a good first skiing experience when your pants are too tight?  Yup, his parents are cheap-I've learned my lesson.


Boston was ready to go from the start.  He told me he knew how to do it and didn't need help.  I asked him how he was going to stop and of course he told me that you just fall down.  Well, right!  I guess thats usually how I do it too.


Here are the kids learning the difference between "pizza" and "french fries".  As soon as this was over, Boston popped up and said-"Got it-lets go"  and off he went.  


Max was a little competitive and wanted to head up on the lift to do the real hill.  He refused to do the little hill we were practicing on.  So we were done.  Jeff's going to have to work on this one.


Boston doing the "Pizza" and the Roboto dance.


Bean's first lift ride.  So exciting!!!  Thanks to Sam for watching over Boston and taking him up the big hill.



I couldn't believe it!  He came zooming down the hill doing great!   (That's him to the left of the orange flag)  He was coming so fast I just kept yelling "Pizza! Pizza! Pizza!"  He was great though and finished top of his class.  We're so proud!

3 comments:

Kandice said...

I didn't know you went, I would have gone. We had Jace's game, but he said that I could have taken Lyndzi and Logan. I just thought it was the guys. Now I'm bummed....Looks like a lot of fun though!!!

The Birch Family said...

I just got into snowboarding a few years ago and love it. I was always too scared to try, but once I did I am addicted! We are going to start Brynlee next winter that way she wont be a scardy cat like I was!

Hopes Family said...

That is so cute! It brings back so many memories. The first time me and my brother went sking, my brother got of the lift and headed straight down the hill. My dad yells, "Sit down! Sit down!" Well he sat on the back of his skis and never stoped until he hit the netting at the bottom of the hill. Back then it was scary, but now that I read your blog, I can't stop laughing.


map